The mission of the Mifflin County Conservation District is to conserve the county’s natural resources through coordinated and professional guidance, technical assistance, and education to the landowners, public agencies, and residents of Mifflin County.
MCCD Planters in Downtown Lewistown
This year’s display showcases native plants that can be utilized in home and/or commercial landscaping. The 2022 display showcases a few favorites from last year with new additions. Check out the list below to see what is new…
Large Planter (Center to edge)
- Cardinal flower (Lobelia x speciosa) Hybrid
- Butterflyweed (Aesclepias tuberosa)
- Foamflower (Tiarella cordifolia ‘Running Tapestry’)
Small Planters (Center to edge)
- Black-eyed Susan (Rudbeckia fulgida)
- Pink Sundrops (Oenothera berlanderi) Native to Southern States
Plants were chosen for their texture, color, and native status. Native flowers are adapted to our regions climate, soils, and wildlife. Be sure to check out our planters downtown, and visit all of the other beautiful planters too! Also, check out the Downtown Lewiston Adopt-A-Planter website to learn more!